School Ministry needs to be a well-rounded strategy, not just a box to check off each week. Not only do we need to be ministering to the students, but we need to be ministering to teachers, staff, administrators, and parents. In Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus lays out the Great Commission in this way,
“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
We need to look at the Great Commission in a way that we normally do not. We need to find the different “nations” on our school campus and strategize ways to reach each one. Below are a few different ideas to reach local schools for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Become a School Chaplin- Sports Teams, District Ceremonies, Praying over a Banquet.
- Principal Q&A- Bring the Principals to your church and interview them on
stage to discover school needs.
- Lunch Duty- Give the teachers a break during lunch, and cover cafeteria duty for them.
- Service Projects- Spend your free time serving at your local school, invest in areas that they are limited by time and resources to address.
- School Year Kickoff- Have a time where you do something special for the school to launch
the school year. It can be as simple as walking the halls of the school, taking time to pray over each room.
The big theme here is to serve the school. You can never go wrong by serving.
First Priority Premium Basin, TX